The Maricopa Community College District has received accreditation approval from the Higher Learning Commission for seven bachelor’s degree programs throughout its locations in the Valley.
According to a press release, MCCCD is the first community college in Arizona approved to offer bachelor’s degree programs under legislation signed into law by Governor Doug Ducey in May 2021.
MCCCD consultant Stephen R. “Our seven undergraduate degree programs will offer affordability, flexibility and a career-focused subject matter to prepare our students to enter a number of high-demand professions.”
The degree programs are:
- BAS, Data Analytics and Programming: Mesa
- IT BAS: Phoenix
- Bachelor of Science and Technology in Nuclear Medicine and Tomography: Gate
- BAS Public Safety Administration: Phoenix and Rio Salado
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education – Bilingual: Mesa
- Bachelor of Elementary Education and Special Education: Glendale, Paradise Valley, and Rio Salado
- Bachelor of Behavioral Sciences: south mountain
Next steps for MCCCD include obtaining approval for federal financial aid funding and determining course tuition rates and fee schedules before fall 2023 course enrollment begins in March.
MCCCD baccalaureate degrees will be similar to other MCCCD degrees and degrees and are:
- Designed to connect students to their educational and career goals
- Affordable at less than a third of university fees
- Taught by experienced, award-winning and recognized faculty
- Offered in modern facilities with small class sizes and hands-on experiences
- Offered at convenient locations via flexible delivery formats
“We are pleased that the Commission on Higher Learning has approved these bachelor’s degrees at Maricopa Community Colleges,” said Mary Sullivan, MCCCD Chair of the Board of Directors. “Through hard work, diligence, and perseverance, the Maricopa County Community College District continues to serve as a model—providing important resources to our growing student population. As the first community college in Arizona to offer these degrees, MCCCD continues to lay the foundation for others to replicate throughout the state and the nation.”
For information, visit www.maricopa.edu/bachelors-degrees.
Maricopa County Community College District,
Bachelor’s degree programmes