* With a win over Indiana, Ohio Ryan Day He improved to 45-4 overall. The Buckeyes are 31-1 against Big Ten teams in the regular season under Day. They also have wins over Northwestern and Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship game as well.
Day had a 25-1 home record as coach of Ohio State. It was Oregon State’s only loss last season.
Day’s Ohio State teams scored 30 or more points 40 times in 49 games as head coach. Ohio State is 40-0 in those games. His teams are 5-4 in games when scoring less than 30 points.
*Ohio State’s current streak of 72 consecutive games of 20 or more points is an FBS record.
Oklahoma set the record for 69 consecutive games of 20 or more points from 2016-21. USC did it in 63 consecutive games from 2002-2006.
*Undefeated Ohio State and Georgia are the only teams in the top 10 nationally in both total offense and total defense. Ohio State ranks eighth in total offense (492.7 ypg) and ninth in total defense (283.4 ypg). Georgia is seventh in total offense (496.3 ypg) and fifth in total defense (272.1 ypg).
Michigan is 23 years oldResearch and development in total offense (452.6 ypg) and first in total defense (241.3 ypg).
* Ohio State QB CJ Stroud She is No. 1 nationally in passing efficiency (183.3) and touchdown passes (35). He is also first nationally in yards per pass attempt and third in yards per completion. Stroud is the first Big Ten QB to have three games with six TD passes.
Stroud is second on the OSU career touchdown pass list, with just 79 JT Barrett, who threw a big ten-figure 104 touchdown passes, has thrown more at OSU. Stroud now ranks fourth all time in Big Ten records for touchdown passes. Along with Barrett, Stroud is also affiliated with Purdue Drew Brees (90) and Michigan Chad is (87).
In his career, Stroud threw for 7,426 yards. He is now third in the list for career passing yards at OSU. Trailing Barrett (9,434 yards) and Art Schlichter (7,547 yards). Bobby Hoening (7232) skipped during last week’s game in Maryland.
Stroud’s total of 2,991 yards this season is the seventh in a single year in OSU history. There have been six 3,000 yard seasons in OSU history. Dwayne Haskins OSU and the Big Ten set the record with 4,831 yards in 2018. Stroud threw for 4,435 yards in 12 games last year.
*Ohio State WR Marvin Harrison is third nationally with 11 touchdowns. He is six TD short of the OSU school record of 17, set by Fred Biletnikoff Award winner Terry Glenn in 1995.
* Ohio State LB Tommy Eichenberg He ranks third in the Big Ten and fifth among players at Power Five schools with 105 tackles. Leads the Big Ten with 68 solo tackles.
* Michigan RB Blake Choir He ranks fourth nationally in rushing yards (1,457 yards) and fifth in rushing yards per game (132.5 yards). He is tied for the national lead in touchdowns scored with 19.
* The game matches two of the top three all-time teams in college football in wins and wins percentage. Michigan is first all-time with 987 wins and second in winning percentage at . 731. Ohio State is second all-time in wins with 953 and first all-time in winning percentage with a . 732.
*Since 2012, Ohio State has had a record 38–3 games in November. The losses were to Michigan in 2015, Iowa in 2017 and Michigan in 2021.
* This is the 25thThe tenth The time when the top 10 teams in the AP will meet. OSU has a 12-10-2 advantage in those games all time.
* Looking at the teams’ six combined opponents (the other five teams in the Eastern Division and Iowa), Ohio State defeated those opponents by an average margin of 30 points. Michigan took those six wins by an average of 20.3 points.
* The winner of the Ohio State – Michigan game will be the Big Ten Eastern Division champion and advance to the conference title game next Saturday, December 3, at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. This match will start at 8 p.m. and will be broadcast on FOX.
The West Division title is still up for grabs. Iowa (7-4, 5-3) can clinch it with a win Friday over Nebraska. Purdue (7-4, 5-3) could clinch it with a win over Indiana and Iowa’s loss to Nebraska. Illinois (7-4, 4-4) still has a chance, but the Illini must defeat Northwestern and hope both Iowa and Purdue lose. If those three teams lost, Iowa would have the tiebreaker over Purdue and go to the title game.
Including ties, here are the leaders in the top 10 division titles: Ohio State, 10; Wisconsin, six; Michigan State, three; Northwestern, Michigan; Iowa, two; Minnesota, Penn State and Nebraska, one each.
Michigan leads the way with 43 all-time Big Ten championships. OSU is second with 40 (including the 2010 title vacated by NCAA sanctions).
* In less than four years Ryan DayOhio State is 15-4 against a top 25 opponent, according to the Associated Press. Depending on the season, these include:
2018 (1-0) – defeated #15 TCU 40-28 (Day was an acting coach at OSU)
2019 (5-1) – defeated No. 25 Michigan State 34-10, No. 13 Wisconsin 38-7, No. 9 Penn State 28-17, No. 10 Michigan 56-27 and No. 10 Wisconsin 34-21; Lost to No. 3 Clemson 29-23.
2020 (4-1) – defeated No. 18 Penn State 38-25, No. 9 Indiana 42-35, No. 15 Northwestern 22-10 and No. 2 Clemson 49-28; Lost to No. 1 Alabama 52-24.
2021 (3-2) – Lost to No. 12 Oregon State 35-28; defeated No. 20 Penn State 33-24; defeated No. 7 Michigan State 56-7; lost to No. 6 Michigan 42-27; defeated No. 10 Utah 48-45.
2022 (2-0) – Defeats No. 5 Notre Dame 21-10; defeated No. 13 Penn State 44-31.
* Records against ranked opponents: When Ohio State is ranked in the top 10, 408-89-9; When Ohio State is ranked against opponents, 541-149-14; When both teams are ranked, 152-94-10; When an opponent is ranked in the top ten, 89-59-8; When the opponent is ranked against Ohio State, it’s 161-129-12.
Ohio State has gone 39-9 against the top 25 ranked teams the last 10 seasons (since 2012).
* In eight seasons under Jim Harbaugh, Michigan 14-18 against ranked teams. This includes a 3-14 record against top 10 teams. The three wins were over No. 8 Wisconsin in 2016, No. 8 Notre Dame in 2019, and No. 2 Ohio State in 2021.
* ESPN’s College GameDay and FOX’s Big Noon Kickoff will air their pregame shows from Columbus this weekend.
GameDay will be located on the South Lawn in front of St. John Arena. Big Noon will be adjacent to the SE Tower at Ohio Stadium near RPAC.
Ohio State leads all schools in times GameDay hosts (22), appearances (55) and wins (38 for 16 losses).
Ohio State is hosting the Big Nun for the eighth time and has been 6-1 in previous Big Nun appearances; 11-2 all time at Big Noon.
* Prior to the game, Ohio State football will honor the 23 seniors who will be at Ohio Stadium for the last time as players.
Those seniors are: CB/42 Lloyd McFarquhar, OL/60 Ryan SmithSAF/15 Tanner McAllisterLB/21 Panick / 96 Michael O’ShaughnessyOL/76 Harry MillerRB/24 Marcus Crowley95/k Noah RugglesDT/86 Jeroen CageSAF/41 Josh Proctorout 8 Javonte Jean-BaptisteCB/26 Cam BrownOT/79 Dawn Jonesand / 55 Matthew JonesDT / 6 Taron VincentWR/10 Xavier JohnsonLS/42 Bradley Robinson, LB/3 Teradja MitchellSAF/14 Ronnie HickmanTE / 34 Mitch Rossi, DE / 9 Zack HarrisonDE/54 Tyler Friday and WR/Block O Camryn Babb.
* Five Buckeyes are from Michigan: Jr. DB Cameron Martinez Muskegon, then. RB Cayden Saunders and Fr. WR Kai Saunders (Northville), GR LS Bradley Robinson (Troy), Soph. O.L Grant Toutant (Warren).