Orono, Maine – The University of Maine men’s ice hockey team welcomes the American College International Yellow Jackets to a game of one. Saturday’s game is scheduled for 2:05 p.m.Game information
Game #12: Maine Black Bears vs American International College Yellowstrats
Date: Saturday, November 26, 2022
time: 2:05 p.m. ET
Site: Alfond Arena – Orono, Maine
2022-23 Records: MIN 2-8-1 (0-5-1 HE), AIC 7-6-3 (5-5-1 AHA)
Watch Listen to live stats Twitter
About black bears
• The Black Bears enter the 2022-23 season with 16 new faces on the roster after seeing 13 players graduate, transfer or leave to pursue professional hockey.
• The return of 12 letter-winners from the 2021-22 season for this season of Maine hockey, which includes the four new captains. Orphan Jacob will sport a “C”, while Linden BrainAnd the Ben Poissonand David Breazeale were given an “A” on their jacket.
• 11 new players and 5 transfers make up the players added by the coaching staff, who are in their second full season behind the bench.
• Junior Duty Captain Linden Brain Leads the Black Bears in points (seven) and goals (four). Alternate leader forward Ben Poisson Leads the team in assists (six). Freshman defenseman Brandon Holt leads all rookies in points (2G, 3A).
• Five different Black Bears players scored exactly two goals in their first nine games (Holt, Villeneuve-Hall, Hanson, Trudeau, Renwick), while five different players provided three or more assists (Poisson, Brien, Holt, Friel, Breazeale) .
About the yellow jackets
• AIC finished the 2021-22 season with a record of 22-13-1, and eventually fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament to Michigan, 5-3.
• The Yellowjackets are back as a top five scorer from 2021-2222 in Blake Bennett.
• Jake Kucharski appeared in 22 games last season. The junior posted a 2.39 GAA and a . 910 save percentage, while winning 12 games and recording two shutouts for the Yellowjackets.
Series with AIC
• The two schools have met only six times since 1979. The Black Bears have won all six games.
• Maine hosted American International College during the 2019-20 season. The Black Bears defeated Yellowster 5-1 in Alfond on December 29, 2019. Ben PoissonAnd the Orphan JacobAnd the Dawson Bronieski All received ice time during their last AIC game.
• Prior to the 2019-20 season, Maine-AIC’s last game was in 2016, when the Yellow Jackets took a trip to Orono. The Black Bears swept the series.
• Maine edged AIC 33-9 in its six games.