There is exciting news in store for motorsports, cycling enthusiasts and the automotive sector in India.
Supercross India Pvt Ltd (SXI) under the auspices of the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI), the governing body for motorsports in India recognized by the Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs, Government of India, today officially announced the handover of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for commercial rights. Exclusive to launch the world’s first Supercross Racing League which will be titled “INDIAN SUPERCROSS RACING LEAGUE” – ISRL.
The MOU was handed over by Mr. Gautam Shantappa, Vice President and Mr. Sujith Kumar – Chairman of the Supercross Racing Committee of FMSCI to the promoters of the league at a press conference held in Pune.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Gautam Shantapa, Vice President, Federation of Motorsport Clubs of India (FMSCI) said, “The Federation fully supports Team SXI and firmly believes that they will take the sport forward and take it to a new level. As Vice President, I am confident of SXI and FMSCI will work as a team and make the league a great success.”
Mr. Sujith Kumar, Chairman, Supercross/Motocross/2W Racing Committee, Federation of Motorsports Clubs of India (FMSCI) said, “I believe that with young organizers entering the sport, the future looks bright. I would like to state that it is gratifying to see X racers return To the sport and play different roles.The federation fully supports Team SXI and firmly believes that they will take the sport forward and take it to a new level.I am proud to say that we in India have the first franchise based Supercross league in the world.
Sharing his views on the league, Supercross India Director Mr. Veer Patel said, “We are really excited to host the league with the federation and thank them and the president for all the support. The league will pave the way for tremendous development in motorsports especially Supercross in India. We are confident that the league, He will put on a big sporting show in India, much to the delight of Indian fans. We plan to put India on the Supercross map of the world, with the vision of Indian riders on the podium in future World Supercross races.”
Supercross (SX) is a motorcycle racing sport that involves specialized high-performance off-road motorcycles with steep jumps and mounted obstacles on dirt tracks. This sport is very popular in the United States, Europe and Australia and naturally attracts a younger population. The scale is highlighted by the fact that the global automotive market is currently estimated to be US$5 billion and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6% to US$7.5 billion by 2027 after witnessing significant investment globally.
Supercross as a sport in India should attract large audiences across a young, tech-savvy demographic. With a young population, high disposable income and the adrenaline-inducing nature of adventure sports, the market is ready for a first-of-its-kind, high-intensity pulsating sport in the country. A fresh and ambitious Indian who loves the thrill of adventure and the thrill of the sport, Supercross will provide the Indian with the perfect blend of both.
About Supercross India Pvt Ltd
The promoters of Supercross India are former international racers, national champions and organizers of Supercross events for the past 12 years which has resulted in strong industry connections, technical and operational knowledge and racing backgrounds. sports in India.
The team’s vision is to have a world-class Supercross sport league in India, with participation of both local and international racers. The team has an exclusive agreement with FMSCI for the brand based SX League in India and has all the support from the top body of the All India League with races held across major cities in India. The main objective is to encourage international and Indian riders to participate, including women riders and to promote their participation in the near future. The league will look at developing the sport at the grassroots level and will endeavor to position India at the forefront of the world in motorsports.
Veer Patel – (Vadodara)
• Two-time Indian National Supercross Champion, first ever rider and youngest rider ever to win a National Supercross Championship in India trained under the USA SX World Champion. Managing Director of Lilleria Group, a multi-sector business conglomerate based in Gujarat with interests in real estate, hospitality and motorsports.
Ishan Lokhande – (Pune)
• One of India’s best SX racers of his era and the brains behind Pune Supercross. He is the first Indian to race an international motocross team and was the driving force behind the first privateer racing team to win a national championship in India and has years of experience and global connections in the field of motocross and a decade full of experience staging Supercross events.
Ashwin Lokhande – (Pune)
• A cricketer and tennis coach by profession, a master of perfection. It is the backbone of the organization. Years of experience and global connections in the sport and a full decade of experience staging Supercross events. He is also an FIM Asia Certified Racing Official.
Official social media links:
League: “INDIAN SUPERCROSS RACING LEAGUE” – ISRL
• Website: www.indianssupercrossleague.com
• Instagram: @indiansupercrossleaguewww.instagram.com/indiansupercrossleague/
• Facebook: @indiansupercrossleaguewww.facebook.com/indiansupercrossleague
• Twitter: ISRL_official www.twitter.com/isrl_official
• You Tube: www.youtube.com/@indianssupercrossleague