Despite Washington’s great play in the first half, the only goal came back to Nico Hischier in a power play. Jack Hughes scored two brilliant second-half goals – one bank-rolling off Charlie Lindgren’s pads, the second a short-range sniping from his own mask – making it 3-0 after forty minutes. Jack Hughes made a hat trick in the third, winning on a solo rush.
John Karlsson got a power play goal, a brutal shot from the blue line, temporarily enraging Vitek Vanicek. Fabian Zetterlund scored Jersey’s fifth goal of the match from a pass below the goal line to make it 5-1.
- The Capitals played well. truly. It’s just that New Jersey’s undeniable star power is the subject of our next shot. Gustafsson, Carlson, Eller, and Cherry all made some shady plays in the neutral zone and defensively the Devils punished them. I can’t hate the effort in general though. Just transcended.
- An amazing night for the former goalkeeper Vitek Vanishk. Overall this season, mediocrity has been behind a great team, but Saturday’s win belongs to him. According to Natural Stat Trick, he has turned away 32 scoring opportunities and over two expected goals over two periods. He won this match against his former team, and as far as we have to respect it. That’s a win though.
– RMNB (rmnb) November 27, 2022
- I want to note that the Devils and Keel flyers also deserve a lot of credit for this win. It’s really easy to overlook the posts and crossbars. Real men with a lunch pail, they just do their job and come home, expect no thanks, but they’re there, stopping like twenty percent chances of a caps score and giving me a high blood pressure.
- I think while we’re using the previous uppercase bit: Jonas Seigenthaler He was caught for two penalties. Trade winning caps His name is Brent Johnson Who can sell jet skis in a couple of years, who knows).
- Alex Ovechkin His Ovi juices were flowing. Seventeen eight bid on the net. So much insult, so much frustration. There is no celebration with the left wing.
- I would like to see more videos of Agate HathawayEnter Michael MacLeod. Apparently the devil saw Hathaway at the last moment, otherwise it could have been a blind bullet to the head.
- TJ O’Shea Devils fourth baseman Nathan Bastian was injured early in the first period. I had to check because I wasn’t sure about letting other teams get hurt, especially not by Washington.
Hats off to Jack Hughes! 🎩🎩🎩 pic.twitter.com/3r81tAtIqN
– Sportsnet (Sportsnet) November 27, 2022
- It was his first hat-trick Jack Hughes. It was a natural duplex, but I don’t have much time for this highlighter. The Carlsson-Gustafsson duo was on the ice in achieving all three of those goals.
— Pete’s good tweet 🌮 (@peterhassett) November 27, 2022
The Devils are an incredible team. They can double their points total from last season. The caps performed better than I expected, which probably doesn’t say much about my expectations.
Late night games until next. Get ready for RMNB After Dark for what is sure to be an odd wild ride.
Title image: @employee